Sunday, February 14, 2010

Belly

The good news: the amniocentesis results came back and the little one is a healthy baby.

And it was a sweet moment when I found out as I was sitting on a bus and felt this overwhelming rush of love for the baby inside me (perhaps for the first time), and at that exact moment my boyfriend called and told me the good news. The convergence of acceptance and hope.

It was a weird day also, because on the first bus ride (to Jerusalem to become a legitimate citizen of this country), I was sitting next to this woman who kept accidentally jabbing my side. It was the first time I really felt this protective urge and I kept moving and holding my belly so she couldn't have any access to it. I didn't want this strange woman's energy next to my baby.

All this belly talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment