Monday, April 26, 2010

Boo

I was wondering this morning, whether you can "scare" a fetus into stopping hiccuping?! I swear, this little guy is a hiccuping machine. It was cute, but now not so much. It's like I am having the hiccups, although a more subtle version. I can shout all of a sudden "boo" and see if he stops? I won't. Not only does he have no idea what "boo" means, I don't know if womb noise perpetrates such a loud noise, and besides, I don't want to scare the little thing. Not a good way to start motherhood.

But, what is a good way? Right now I don't feel so good about myself. I am not working and my sense of identity is withering away. It is very important for me to be a strong role model for my son. Now I am not studying Hebrew a chasm of time has seemed to open up. And I don't want to lie around watching TV (although ultimately this is what I feel like doing mostly since I feel so awful physically).

I want to write, But write what? How to reinvent myself?

I will start yoga again on Thursday. Today I have lunch with my pregnant friends (who I call "the possy") who I now adore. And then I will make my wonderful guy some dinner. That's it for now.

Boo.

I said it softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment