Friday, April 23, 2010

Floating

The other day I went to a pregnancy water "exercise" class. It was heaven. The "exercise" was just running about in a circle in the water and stretching for ten minutes. The bliss came when we put our knees and shoulders under those floating noodle things and just lay back and floated in the water. Pure bliss. Then the teacher came over and sort of swayed us side to side. It was a cool feeling because I could imagine for a minute what the little thing may be feeling inside me. The constant temperature and the muffled voices from the outside. And the stillness. Although I am a little confused about how gravity affects him in there. Like, does he fall slowly to the other side of my womb when I turn over in bed?

I found out the other day that his head is right smack bang on my bladder. The doctor was like, "Oh, I see this must be difficult for you". Ah, YES. I never knew that going to the bathroom could be such a central part of my life.

The doctor also said that my baby was "normal" sized now. I guess he caught up with himself. I was pleased to hear this. Relieved. He still could grow big in the next couple of months, but at least he is not two weeks bigger than his due date.

So, that's my current life. Rushing to the bathroom. Still feeling faint and sweaty after eating. My other foot now hurts. Two months to go.

I just want to float and float and float.

No comments:

Post a Comment