Friday, April 9, 2010

Complaining again

So, nobody ever tells you that keeping a bikini line in shape is pretty much impossible when pregnant. I have just returned from a very unsuccessful wax. The point is, I can't see a thing. It is kind of bizarre. It's like there's a whole area of my body which is now, visually, a mystery (unless I look into the mirror with my bad eyesight and try and make out what's going on). I know it's vain, but yet another item of physical discomfort along with the myriad of other disfigurements.

And what else is happening these days? Well, five kilos in one month for one (a lovely portion of 10-12 pounds). In one month! Lord almighty. My arms are as big as my thighs used to be. And yeah, yeah, I will lose it when I am breast-feeding. Heard that. But, alas, I know it won't really be true for me. I know my body, pregnancy or no. I need five days a week of hard yoga to get anywhere near my old self...

And, the peeing! I can't take it anymore! It's almost impossible to sleep for the constant peeing. I was bad enough before my pregnancy, now it is almost unmanageable. I have to get up at least four or five times a night (on a good night). I have this huge sense of urgency only to have the familiar slow trickle for a second. Nothing really comes out. If it does, I consider it a success. It's not fun. Not fun.

One more thing, the weight. Not the fat, but the heaviness. I am starting to feel so heavy. We live up a slight hill and walking up it takes all my energy. I feel like I am dragging five steel balls behind me. It is such a strange feeling. Getting up from a chair? Not fun. Not fun. Not fun.

So, there's my complaining for the day. All I want is a night where I sleep right through and wake up refreshed. Is that too much to ask?

In other news, I attended my second day of the language course yesterday. I was in the bathroom (of course) and saw another pregnant woman in there. I was immediately excited and exclaimed, "Cool, I am not alone". And she was due two weeks before me and immediately we started talking the "pregnant language" about where we are giving birth and what doctor she saw etc etc. I walked out of the bathroom happy. I wasn't the only one and she was due near the time I am (June 25). Maybe back when I was single, I would have gone to a language school like this and checked to see if there were any cute boys or single friend possibilities, but now all I care about is whether there are any other pregnant women for me to talk to!

No comments:

Post a Comment