Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The quest

Well, tomorrow I will have six weeks to go and it feels like I am in some mythic journey where towards the end of the quest there is some horrible dragon I have to fight, just when I thought I could see the golden treasure. Yesterday my blood sugar tested very high and so this morning I had to get tested to see if I may have (at this late stage), gestational diabetes. This is not cool for so many reasons. The main one being that the baby may get too big and then I would have to get induced as he may have to come early. The eating I can manage. It's just the anxiety of yet another configuration of this pregnancy to deal with.

Meanwhile, no bananas for me now as even though I apparently need the potassium (which was tested again today), I can't have the sugar. So, things are great. Ah hem.

Finally seeing a foot doctor on Monday for this bizarre painful foot.

So yeah, it just feels quite arduous right now. I have been told that once I have the baby I will feel almost normal. I am excited for this. I am excited for this more than I am excited for the baby. But, I know it will still be a slow and unexpected recovery.

I will fight the dragon and hope that there are no more beasts I have to contend with, although of course I still have to plunge into icy waters and somehow hold my breath while I figure out where the damn treasure is, all the while being chased by some green fanged monsters. When I finish, what will the treasure be?

No comments:

Post a Comment