Thursday, May 6, 2010

Potassium depletion

In yet another effort to figure out what has been going wrong with my body, we went to a new doctor last night. He, finally, took my symptoms seriously and sent me along to the ER at the local hospital. Three hours later and no real answers. I have low potassium and my blood sugar was high. I have read a bit about low potassium and that may explain my heart racing situation (and my limp). For now, all I can do is eat bananas and wait and see what is next. It is exhausting.

The final injustice was that just as we were about to leave the night shift nurses came on duty. And well, one of these night shift nurses was nine months pregnant! I felt like such a light weight. Here she was, huge and working the night shift! So, I have now been silenced. Well...

So another day feeling awful. Today officially I have 7 weeks to go. What can I say? I am depleted by this experience. Who knew about potassium? I swear.

Bananas I am and bananas I will eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment