Monday, March 8, 2010

Swollen watermelon

Well, it's official. I have put on way too much weight. Notwithstanding any condition (like gestational diabetes), I only have myself to blame. When I arrived in Israel I ate like I had never ate before. Ever. Hamburgers, pizza, falafel, white bread etc etc. And now I am paying the consequences. From a previously active life of yoga two to three times a week and mostly raw/vegan food, to eating complete and utter crap. Now my eating is back to "normal" generally, but it is too late. I am fat.

Fat.

Fat.

And people are commenting now. It's funny, I remember seeing a pregnant friend once and thinking, oh wow, she has put on weight! And, now I will be one of those women that people think that about. They will greet me and say hi and I will see their eyes kind of bulge a little at my huge size! I feel like a swollen watermelon on steroids. It's the worst.

And every time I get weighed, it seems to go higher. This is not good. I am eating only good and healthy food now and cutting back substantially on portion size etc. I am going to yoga (well, prenatal which is as gentle as almost doing nothing), and walking a lot. But whatever I do I just keep growing and growing and growing...

Fat.

FAT.FAT.FAT.FAT.

And every body tells me that I will lose it after the birth and of course I will lose some! But, losing weight is difficult, especially at my geriatric age.

This baby better be cute...

1 comment:

  1. i am going to say to you what my husband says to me every day when i complain - you are not fat, you are pregnant! if you weren't gaining weight you would be worried that something is wrong with the baby so it is kind of a lose lose situation....you are at the point where, yes, every time you go in to get weighed, you will be heavier and there is nothing you can do about it! being that i am at 37 weeks today i think i have finally excepted the fact that i am quite large, my body jumped on the opportunity to gain weight, it relished the chance to grow love handles and hips and i have to just go on this ride with it and try the best i can to deal with the aftermath in a few weeks... kind of scary since i am not the best with dieting and losing weight, but this is what i signed up for. what is really hard to understand is that i look in the mirror and see a giant puffy woman and everyone else looks at me and sees a pregnant woman. but really whats the difference?

    ReplyDelete